Monday, February 23, 2015

Fifty Shades of Grey 2011 Red Wine





Fifty Shades of Grey 2011 Red Wine, 
$14.99-$18.99, 89+ points, appeared deep ruby with a broad clear rim and leggy glass wall.
Smells of perfume, cedar, and black grape notes were quite good.
Full-bodied with an as advertised satin texture (almost decadent), good acidity, and ripe tannin.
Smoky black cherry, plum, grape-skin, and green coffee flavors were good.
Finished on the trailing palate, a bit astringent with drying tannin, hot spice notes, a well integrated 13.5% alcohol, and mint.
Varietals were Syrah and Petite Sirah .

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2015 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger






 

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh no. This wasn't sexy, voluptuous, and edgy, with a slightly slutty feel to the finish............. ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John: It was pretty sexy, not a bad wine, but faded over night as is typical for a wine made for the drink-now crowd, but better than: If-You_See-Kay

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. VG: I can think of other not so pleasant names, but in vino veritas..
      I mentioned this one for John: If-You_See-Kay (In NH some wanted this wine pulled from the stores shelves), some think plonk wines to have inherently bad names, then there was Lust Zinfandel by MD, and I remember when everyone was writing about 'Bitch' wines (mostly bought by women, go figure).
      So, what's in a name? I'm sure if I had a vineyard I wouldn't name my wines like those.

      Delete
  3. Comments from 2011 about "Bitch" wines:
    This discussion concerning the “Bitch” wines caught me off guard, it reminds me of Hollywood caring about “R” rating or NC-17: when society or a significant fragment of that society has no “real” basis for moral order then that society must take the whole package of immorality, or just dabble in self-righteousness.
    Fredric Koeppel’s higher standard, though commendable, is spitting against the wind on Mount Washington, and, I might add, that the Existentialist would commend him also.
    I’ve been preparing to do a Halloween-party collection of wines and to review them; what I’ve found is nothing short of hedonistic-neo-paganism that should give “Rosemary’s baby” leaps of joy.
    “Bitch” or “Bitches Brew” resigns me (sadly) to the reality of the culture we live in, joining them in dabbling around the edges just amuses me in my despair of apathy.

    BitchWine

    ReplyDelete